For Riders of All Abilities!
Lon has been riding anything with two wheels since he was a kid--from BMX, to moto hare scrambles, to mountain bikes. After a major mountain bike accident that damaged the vertebrae in his neck and blew out his knee, he realized the need to improve safety and control in his riding.
He has since invested himself in developing techniques to ride skillfully and safely without sacrificing any of the joy of the sport. He believes that good riding should be accomplished with technique, confidence, and skill--not just luck.
Lon has already helped more than 125 people in different parts of the US over the past 3 years become much better riders. He has studied with numerous instructors over the years and has applied their combined wisdom to his own riding and teaching. Lon’s certification and continued professional development:
- (2014) Invested in a day of private lessons from an instructor from Colorado. Emphasis was on technical climbing and descending, and on body positioning on all-mountain trails near Birmingham, Alabama.
- (2015) Earned certification as a Professional Mountain Bike Instructor (IMBA level 2 equivalent). Required 3 days of training on cross country trails in Whistler, British Columbia.
- (2016) Invested in 4 days of private lessons on how to teach and ride better. Emphasis was on jumps, drops, cornering, steep rock rolls, and other advanced maneuvers on intermediate and expert level downhill trails at Whistler Bike Park.
- (2017) Invested in 4 days of learning how to teach and ride better. Emphasis was on cornering, bunny hops, manuals, wheelies, stoppies, and other advanced maneuvers on cross country trails near Brevard, North Carolina.
- (2017) Earned Ninja Mountain Bike Performance Instructor's Certification. Emphasis was on high speed cornering, pre-turns, jumps, drops, steep transitions, and other maneuvers on cross country trails near Ellijay, Georgia.
- (2017) Invested in 3 days of how to teach and ride better. Emphasis was on advanced jumps, advanced drops, and cornering on enduro trails near Boone, North Carolina.
- (2018) Private lesson with Neko Mulally, who stunned everyone with how high he placed even after breaking a chain at the 2014 World Championship. Emphasis was on carrying speed and braking on some of the steepest descents in the East as well as on other technical features.
Cory Rimmer grew up in the area around Knoxville, TN and has been riding and racing bikes for nearly twelve years. His passion for riding started at an early age and over the years, has brought him an endless supply of great memories and lifelong friends.
After some notable success at the collegiate level (‘12 Collegiate D2 Cyclocross National Champion, ‘15 D2 Cross Country, Short Track and Omnium National Champion), Cory turned his racing focus from XC and short track to longer, more technical events.
These days, you’ll find Cory traveling around the country racing Enduro. In addition to racing and coaching for Ninja, Cory is busy fostering young riders as the Head Fitness and Skills Coach for Knoxville’s local NICA composite team. The team is made up of over forty kids, so needless to say, Cory has his hands full.
Cory is a PMBI and NICA certified coach passionate about helping riders who are looking for tips and tricks to take their riding to the next level. When not riding, Cory enjoys spending time with my wife Anna and his 2 year old daughter Waverley, who lucky for him, usually just wants to ride her bike.
- Check in
- Evening arrival Meet and Greet at Dinner
- Free time, relax, settle in and get ready for the weekend!
- Breakfast, Body Positioning, Terrain Awareness, Braking, Crashing, Shifting, Technical Climbing, Roll Down Lunge
- Tripod, Cornering, Track Strand, Pedal Wheelie, Trail Ride
- Manual, Nosepicks, Drops, Trail Ride
Ground Control 1 & 2, as described in the link below, will be covered in this camp:
Additional information can also be found at: www.SingletrackSkills.Bike
Clinic ONLY Rate:
- Base cost: $295 (instruction & lunch only) / per person
Clinic, Lodging & Meal Rates:
Lodging, 6 meals, additional insurance costs, trail maintenance, and taxes
- Private Cabin = $575 / per person
- Shared Bunk Cabin = $495 / per person
- Camping = $395 / per person